Will Magic Leap 2 Support OpenXR on Unity with XRHands package examples in the future?

Hi, I was wondering:

Since Magic Leap 2 supports the Open XR SDK package with the KhronosGroup,

if Magic Leap 2 will support and provide Unity's OpenXR Package compatibility and XRHands examples in the near future?

If the Unity's OpenXR compatibility doesn't exist today, it would be cool to have and bolster creating Unity experiences for our team! Thanks!

I know that since the March 2023 OS and ML2 SDK release, Magic Leap 2 supports accessing the XRHandSubSystem API, but at least from what I'm currently aware, it doesn't support Unity's OpenXR package currently?

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.2f1
Unity SDK: 1.5.0
MRTK :1.5.0 Version 1.0
ML2 OS version: 1.2.0-dev2 [B3E.230302.12-R.024]
MLSDK version: 1.2.0-dev2
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS): Windows

1 Like

Hi @huy.le Thank you for your post and valuable input, and noted :white_check_mark:

Currently we have limited support for OpenXR for Unity and are planning to expand that support. I don't have a set timeline I can share at the moment. FWIW, for developers who want to access features of our device that we don’t have a OpenXR extension for, they may use our Magic Leap 2 SDK.

2 Likes

Is part of OpenXR, albeit limited, compatible with Unity? Where can I find that information?

1 Like