Open xr unity feature group

Hi Is there any proper document for implementing open xr magic leap feature plugin in unity.
It’s mentioned to install magic leap xr 7.0.0 for this to work.
Do I need to select magic leap in the setting or just the open xr feature gourp ?

I want to use open xr and magic leap feature group for building the app.

The app works well with meta quest 3 with open xr meta quest feature group.

But have trouble brining it to magic leap.
Please provide the steps , packages and settings with screenshot if possible.

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version:
ML2 OS version:
MLSDK version:
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS)

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

@kpradp installing the XR 7.0.0 will configure your project for the Magic Leap XR workflow. If you intent to use OpenXR please remove this package and enable the Magic Leap feature from the XR Plug-in Management window. See the Configure Project Settings Guide for complete instructions: Configure Project Settings | MagicLeap Developer Documentation

Thank you for the information about the guide, I noticed that we reference the com.unity.xr.magicleap in the guide in the SDK path section. We will work to correct that. In the meantime, please make sure the xr package is not installed when using OpenXR

As mentioned , I have removed the Magic leap XR workflow and was using only the Open XR Magic leap feature group.
Running the build on the device renders nothing but a black screen.
Please check the attached screen shot for the same.

Thank you for clarifying. Do you mind showing the Depth Submission Mode and Render Mode options at the top? Do you get any error logs when you run the application?

I haven't taken a log from the device.
On editor I am getting this, which I am not sure why .

@kbabilinski

Screenshot 2024-02-07 203434

Graphics API Vulkan

Screenshot 2024-02-07 203633

Do those errors appear in the editor when idle or when you go into play mode? Please make sure that the open XR and magically feature group sub systems are disabled in the standalone tab in Unity’s XR plug-in management settings.

Ok
Its not appearing

on changing the settings on the Openxr standalone

Is there any rendering setting do I need to be change for it to work on the device.?
I almost replicate the setting from the Unity Samples

There are no settings that I can think of off the top of my head. Getting the logs would be helpful to see if there is anything that causes the graphics to initialize incorrectly. Do you know which settings are different between the Example project and your project?

Almost all settings are same as mentioned in documentation and in Unity sample.
The same project works with Magic leap SDK but not with Open xr feature .

I have no problem building this for Meta using Open xr feature meta.
I even tried removing meta sdk form the project and use only Magic leap. Still same.

Do u have an sample deployed in device using Open XR Magic Leap feature group ?
If u still need a log i will get

Attached is the device log @kbabilinski

artennis2testapp

device_Log_20240207_1302_47.txt (781.8 KB)

device_Log_20240207_1321_33.txt (2.7 MB)

I see a few errors in the logs but let me dig into it some more to see what is the exact reason for the display not showing content.

Note, the Magic Leap does not support google play services or libraries that rely on google play services support.

Yea I am aware of Google services. It’s because of fire base.

The same code base works on unity ml sdk. Only after using open xr it isn’t rendering.

Can you verify that you are running the latest OS 1.5.0 ?

Can you verify that you have the 1.4.0-pre.1 version of the XR Hands Package and providing which version of Unity are you using?

Also can you verify that you have this permission inside the manifest file ? It should be added automatically but there might be a bug that prevented it from being added on build.

<uses-permission android:name="org.khronos.openxr.permission.OPENXR_SYSTEM" />

No below are the details

Unity - 2022.3.19f1

This wasn’t added for met quest 3. Just FYI

This fixed the issue.

And i remove minify from the build settings too. Not sure this is the reason.

@kbabilinski Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Xr input not detecting the controller in the device. Works well with the editor. @kbabilinski
I am using the default xri input. Disabled the hand. If I enable hands I can see the hands. But controller is not getting detected.

Any advice.

I recommend verifying that the Magic Leap Controller Profile is sending input data and that the Input actions used on your rig are configured to listen to the correct input paths.

You can do this by creating a custom script that listens to the device's input or by using the XR Rig and Input Samples from the magic leap sdk : Inputs Sample | MagicLeap Developer Documentation