Segmented Dimming in Remote Rendering

Hi,
If you run Remote Rendering in UE5 and shoot video, there is a lot of transparency. If possible, I would like to enable Segmented Dimming to reduce transparency when shooting video. Is this possible?

Best regards.

Hi @tokufxug,

We will be updating the documentation for the Unreal example to enable Segmented and Global dimming. For now, you can try adjusting the blend modes when recording video by using Advanced Capture

1 Like

We will be updating the documentation for the Unreal example to enable Segmented and Global dimming. For now

Am I correct in assuming that Dimming adjustment is not possible in the current version of UE5 or Remote Rendering?

@tokufxug It is possible by default in Remote Rendering, each application just needs to make an explicit call to do it. It is already possible in UE5 as shown in some internal tests, we just do not have it documented publicly yet.

1 Like

I see. What I felt from the physical experience was that the transmittance seemed high. I didn't feel the quality was quite right for ray tracing.

This is separate from this post, but Remote Rendering in UE5 showed flickering.
Is there a workaround for this? I'm posting this issue below.

Is that something that requires our own ML2 native c++ implementation?

1 Like

@tokufxug I added some documentation about Alpha Channels with Unreal 5 Remote Rendering today.

https://developer-docs.magicleap.cloud/docs/guides/remote-rendering/remote-render-unreal-engine-5#alpha-channel-in-unreal-engine-5