Polygon surfaces blinking while panning question

Has anyone seen or know what might cause a slight graphical glitching on polygons? The surfaces seem to blink in and out. Is it perhaps a graphics setting? Different glitches appear in each eye. I was checking out MLTK 2.8.3 Interaction sample as per the instructions in the ML2 documentation site.

I haven't seen this after setting up the project in previous releases of ML2 OS / MLSDK.

Thank you.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b8.3023 (Metal)
ML2 OS version: Version 1.1.0 Build B3E.221128.08-R.092 Android API Level 29
MLSDK version: 1.1.0
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) MacOS

I think it would be easier to understand if you took a video.

@tokufxug Good idea. I cannot upload videos here, but here is a video link.
https://vimeo.com/pakl/ml-poly-glitches110

Is anyone else seeing this graphical glitch when running Unity + MRTK on the latest release?

1 Like

Thank you for surfacing @paklnet. Let me check into this and report back here asap.

1 Like

Hi @paklnet, I spoke to our engineers, who haven't experienced this before. Are you able to share an .apk with us for debugging? You can send it to developer@magicleap.com.

1 Like

Also, wanted to pass on: One engineer said that looked suspiciously like Zfighting. Can you check that you don't have duplicate geometry sitting on top of each other?

1 Like

Sending the APK now.

Indeed it does look like "Zfighting" but there are definitely no duplicate geometries. This happens with the Interaction MRTK demo out-of-the-box.

Thank you,
Patryk

1 Like

One thing that's especially odd is that it doesn't affect all shapes or graphics. Text windows or the little regular cubes are unaffected. It seems to affect more complex polygons only, like the coffee cup, the piano, and the lunar lander. Another oddity is that the blinking/gap seems to be correlated with viewing angle. A few times in this video I shake my head back and forth over the coffee cup to demonstrate this. (So it's not completely random noise like a graphics chip failing...)

1 Like

@paklnet Thank you, received. I'll pass this to our team and update you here when I have details.

2 Likes

Hi @paklnet, thank you for your patience. This came up on our engineer's docket and we're having trouble reproducing in Unity SDK 1.3.0. Are you using the standard or universal render pipeline? Did you make any edits to the MRTK Standard shader?

Can you try reproducing the issue by creating configuring MRTK inside our latest Magic Leap Examples project (downloadable via the Magic Leap Hub)?

We've also reached out to Unity, if I hear back from them I will post it here. Thank you for your post.

Hi -- thanks for following up. Please close this ticket. I created a new Unity project and it works without the display glitches. I must have missed something in the (lengthy!) setup process — perhaps around the render pipeline.

Thank you.

Thank you for the update @paklnet, glad you are unblocked!