OPC UA Client on Magic Leap 2 ? Unity Development

Hello,

I am fairly new to developing few applications on the Magic Leap 2.

So far I have tested Vuforia Engine and MRTK 3 and both Software-Packages work on the Magic Leap 2.
In order to bring the ML2-Device closer to industry level of usage I was thinking of embedding an OPC UA Client in my applications to get direct access to data within the industrial plants.

The big question I have is: where do I start?
I seem to struggle to find useful information about using OPC UA in Android applications. Are there any guides out there about how and where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @BatuOx4S,

I have reached out to our team regarding the use of OPC UA with the Magic Leap 2 and I will get back to you with any knowledge we may have.

Best,

El

Hello,

Amazing!

I'm looking forward for the reply!

There are some public/opensource .NET Standard Libraries.

If your target is Unity on Android we recommend checking out ProSys and Unified Automation. These companies have the best SDKs and they make have, or know of, an SDK that supports Unity.

Let me know if this helps.

Can .NET Libraries be used on Android based OS?
As far as I know .NET libraries need a windows OS to function.

I'll look into ProSys and the UA-SDK's, thanks alot.

Hi everyone, I am responding in case anyone is still looking for ideas to use opc-ua. I’m developing with Unity, and using NuGet for Unity ( Releases · GlitchEnzo/NuGetForUnity · GitHub) I imported the standard net opc-ua library (https://www.nuget.org/packages/OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua/(https://www.nuget.org/packages/OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua/) and it works without any problems.

1 Like

Hello @jasmine.santinelli,

Thank you so much for your comment and I am excited that you found a way to integrate OPC UA with the standard .Net OPC UA library.

For someone who is not yet comfortable with Unity and all its components there is also an asset which can be purchased for a humane price (in my opinion). And it delivers various Interface options for various industrial machines. (S7 TCP, TwinCAT, Modbus etc.) On top it has some tools for implementing a digital twin.
Building Digital Twins with Unity and realvirtual.io | realvirtual.io

Thank you again and good luck on further development :slight_smile: :+1:
Batu

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.