Marker tracking (Qr codes) errors

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b8
ML2 OS version: 1.1.0-dev1(secure)
MLSDK version: 1.1.0-dev1
Host OS: Windows

Hi everyone I'm trying the QR code scanning feature. I followed the steps written in the documentation to produce a simple script that enables the ml marker tracker and if a QRcode is found, it displays the written text and puts a game object in the corresponding pose (to be as exhaustive
as possible the script is attached in the file script.txt).

script.txt (1.9 KB)

Everything seemed to function but looking at the unity logcat I found some errors. I noticed that enabling the QRcode scanning makes the application lag heavily for about 1-2 seconds, and I get some errors in the unity logcat (errors attached in QrCodeError.txt). This happens also if I restart the application. Even if there are errors in the console and a heavy lag on the service start, I'm still able to track and read the QRCodes.

QrCodeError.txt (8.7 KB)

Sometimes after launching the application a few times and some startScan-stopScan cycles, I get a service failure (logcat attached in servicefailere.txt). If a fall in this failure the tracker does not start at all, the only way to make the marker tracker function again is to restart the device. Application restart seems not to solve the problem.

QrServiceFailure.txt (14.4 KB)

1 Like

@MatteoFifth Thank you for reporting these issues.

Regarding the Service failure, we have recently been made aware of a bug that causes the marker tracker to fail after running. If this feature is critical to your development please let us know. This bug will be fixed in the December release.

I reported the error that you are getting when starting the marker tracker. We will run some tests on the script your provided and then report back

2 Likes

@kbabilinski thank you for your quick response. At the moment this feature is not critical, I was just testing the Magic Leap capabilities. I'll wait for updates and fixes.

1 Like

One thing you can try to improve performance is creating the marker tracker in an async task so it doesn't block the main thread.

1 Like

Thank you i'll try it out

1 Like