Issue with MagicLeapMarkerUnderstandingFeature

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version (if applicable): 2022.3.16f1
ML2 OS version: latest

Here is my code:

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Hmm, I was not able to reproduce your issue. Are you sure the error is referring to the marker detector? I just tested with the example listed on our developer portal and have not it appears to work as expected: Marker Understanding Example | MagicLeap Developer Documentation

Thank you. I ve reseted my Unity project from scratch and now I dont have my runtime error. Nevertheless, even if the program can detect ARUCO marker, it fails to evaluate data.MarkerLength & data.MarkerPose.Value.position both value are always 0 even if data.MarkerPose.HasValue == tru.
Can you please tell me if you have same result ?

regards

I have not been able to reproduce this either. Are you using the script that is on the developer portal? Are you using the Size Estimation option on the aruco marker detector?

Hi,

yes I ve just copy and past the code.
Here is my hierarchy:

I am so desperate, I need to deliver a code based on marker tracking but I cannot.
I have absolutely no idea what is going on, I ve just followed tutorials many times just to be sure I ve done everything fine.
Do you think we could arrange a 20 min google meet just to fix it ? please !

regards,
frédéric

Don't worry we will get it figured out, just trying to see how I can reproduce the issue that you are having.

Have you tried disabling the Size Estimation option when using the script from the website? By default the setting in the example is set to true.

_detectorSettings.ArucoSettings.EstimateArucoLength = false;

Hi,

having estimation true or false doesnt change anything:
I still have my marker Id but not the position.
here is my code & logcat.
I dont want to spam this forum, do you think I can send it to you directly?
regards,

logcat.txt (1.0 MB)
MarkerTrackerExample.cs (7.5 KB)

I just tested your script using the following marker

I did notice that you were getting a null reference in the script but after a few seconds the Marker started reporting it's position properly. I would recommend moving around the marker to have it track it's position more quickly.

I also reported the bug you mentioned, where the data.MarkerPose.HasValue returns true even if the pose is not valid.

Hi,

I get the same result whatever the position of my marker in space :
[MyTEST] OnUpdateDetector 1
[MyTEST] Aruco id: 0
[MyTEST] Aruco id: 0
[MyTEST] Aruco markerSize: 0
[MyTEST] Aruco data.MarkerPose.Value.position= (0.00, 0.00, 0.00)
[MyTEST] data.MarkerPose ((0.00, 0.00, 0.00), (0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000))
[MyTEST] data.MarkerPose.value ((0.00, 0.00, 0.00), (0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000))

I ve tried with estimation false then true to get same result.
Can you confirm me you get result different from 0 ?

thanks

frédéric

Correct, I get those logs for a few frames. If I look at the marker and move a meter to the left or right of the marker the position shows . If I stand still it can take a little while before the pose is valid.

Ok, so effectively, after a long long time waiting in front of the marker, I finally get the position right.
I think my room is too dark and it is the reason why results were poor.
Typically, I ve made the test 3h hours ago when sun was still there and results were a little better than now during sunset.
But in anyway, this new marker tracking method based on openxr is worst than with MLSDK.
I had no difficulty to get marker's pose with MLSDK but now if that is the best you can do, it will not fit my usecase.
I ve tried a little to customize the detector profile but each time I had to wait more than 20sec to get my marker's position.
Do you know if maker detection with OpenXR is planned to be improved ?
Thanks for you help.

regards

by the way, change menuSettings to detectorSettings in the first block of:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback and I will report your result to the Voice of customer team. It would be helpful if you could provide a video that I could attach to the ticket .

In the meantime, you can also continue using the MLSDK Marker tracking, you will just need to make sure to enable MLPerceptionSnapshot

thank you so much. yes, I will send you a video to compare MLSDK & OpenXR in Marker tracking.

regards

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.