Magic Leap2 supports UE4.27?

I came to know UE5.1 doesn't support Magic Leap2
then can I follow the magic leap1 document on the UE4.27?

1 Like

Thanks for posting on the Magic Leap 2 Forum. Magic Leap 1 documentation will not work with Magic Leap 2 since they are fundamentally different platforms.

We are working on official Magic Leap 2 support for Unreal Engine. However, our original estimate of 5.1 support anticipated a quicker timeline and has now changed to the current Unreal Engine version when our support is announced later this year. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Would 'later this year' be this summer? My company really wants to use UE with the ML2, but need the support by around June/July for proper development time. If you guys are offering a beta program for the UE plugin/support my company would happily join.

1 Like

@rob42lou I'll get a better answer for you.

1 Like

Just to follow up: There's just a lot of moving parts and we feel most comfortable saying later this year. I'll make sure to update you if we have more info. Thanks very much for your interest.

Confirmed UE5.1 doesnt work yet... tried it today Everything seems ok just a message on the ML2 as if its waiting to connect to the PC.
Will back port to UE5.0 as if this works we have a major use case for this element of ML apart from the AR

1 Like

Are you talking about Remote Rendering? Or have you gotten it to compile an apk and work on the ML2?

1 Like

Remote Render is currently supported (MagicLeap Developer Documentation) (I'll be updating those docs more today, too).

Expect a specific announcement reasonably soon for Unreal Engine 5.3 support. It's coming.

1 Like