Magic leap 2 : hide runtime hand tracking model

Using Hand Tracking provided by MRTK3, how can hand patterns be hidden at runtime?

By setting the "Model Prefab" of the "XR Controller" components of the GameObjects "MRTK RightHand Controller" and "MRTK LeftHand Controller" to "none", you can hide the hand models during the Play phase in the Game window; But in ML2 they are still visible and if you want to record a video through the ML2 itself, black patterns are visible that are not perfectly aligned with the hands which disturb the vision.

Hi @PPXR
I am happy to assist you, would it be possible for you to show a picture from the device, or a video to help me understand the behavior you are talking about? Also what Unity editor version, SDK version, and OS version are you using?
Thank you,
-Sidney

1 Like

Thanks Sidney,
the problem is that when recording videos through ML2 "misaligned black hands" become visible and disturb the view. Also, using ML2 as a Production Operators tutorial, I need to disable this feature to allow it to operate without this disturbance ( as we do for the rays used to interact with the UI).

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.20f1
ML2 OS version : Version 1.4.0-dev2 - Build B3E.230907.10-R.033 - Android API Level 29
MLSDK version: 1.11.0
Host OS: Windows 11

Thank you for the video, that is very helpful,
I am wondering if you could try disabling the "show hands on Transparent displays" option. Just to make sure that if they are getting instantiated they are not visible.

If that works then we should figure out where they are getting instantiated, and if it doesn't then we will know that that direction isn't important to continue exploring.
-Sidney