MLSDK version: v1.4.0
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) I tried on both

For some reason, I am only getting certain gestures detected:

• Gesture=Open: works fine
  • Gesture=Fist: is returns "grasp"
  • Gesture=Pinch: works fine
  • Gesture=Ok: returns "pinch" it never thinks is "Ok"
  • Gesture=Thumbs: returns "grasp"...

Every other hand gesture is also incorrect. The only ones that work are open & pinch. Here's the code I wrote for this and you can use as an example.

Just curious if this is an issue today? or do I have something incorrect when reading gestures?

Thanks for your time guys!
Dilmer

Hi @dilmer,

Apologies for the delay in response. Thank you for reaching out to us here. Are you receiving any error messages when using hand tracking?

I will reach out to our team regarding this issue and I will report back as soon as I learn more.

Best,

El

The Posture is a convenience classification to categorize keyposes into mechanically similar groups. For example: Pinch, OK, and C keyposes are considered pinch postures whereas Thumb and Fist are considered grasp postures. This type of high level classification will be more useful as we expand the number of supported keyposes and will enable developers to bypass evaluation of a specific keypose and instead query the posture in the event they only care about the base posture (e.g. when the hand is pinching vs a specific type of pinching).In this case, you would likely resolve most of the issues by querying the keypose instead of the posture from the gesture data.I'll address each of your listed issues in parenthesis.

• Gesture=Fist: is returns "grasp" (valid: the Fist keypose is a Grasp posture)
  • Gesture=Ok: returns "pinch" it never thinks is "Ok" (valid: the Ok keypose is a Pinch posture)
  • Gesture=Thumbs: returns "grasp"... (valid: the thumb keypose is a Grasp posture)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

El