Cannot update device OS?

We just got a new device and I'm attempting to update it to the latest OS release. It came with B3E.220619.07-R.124 out of the box and I'm trying to flash B3E.220721.07-R.026. When I try to do so in The Lab (with the box checked to revert to factory settings) it gets stuck on "waiting for the device to reboot" and eventually errors out saying "timed out waiting for device to reboot", though the device lights were clearly flashing in the fastboot pattern as and when one would expect.

When I try to flash via the command line, I get this:

adb reboot bootloader ./flashall_amd.bat -e
Magic Leap Inc. (C) 2022
Welcome to flashall_amd.bat v2.1.4

NOTE: CVIP and EC are flashed by default
Use --cvip-only to flash CVIP images only

Current VID: 0x2C55 PID:0xB201
In FASTBOOT MODE
Product Name: demophon
"ro.build.tags": "test-keys",

ERROR
Attempt to flash unsigned build on a secure device detected

This seems unexpected. How can I update my device? I tried running "fastboot flashing unlock" but that didn't help.

Thanks!

1 Like

I had the same exact thing happen to me. DO NOT use the recovery mode/image. Mine seems to be completely broken after doing that. I made a post with more details and am waiting to hear back.

1 Like

@dcblack Are you using the _user build to flash?

1 Like

Yes, B3E.220721.07-R.026_user - that seems to be the only available option.

1 Like

Hi David,

Our developer team is in the process of identifying a process to help recover your device but we don't have a definitive ETA on that. Will you please confirm your serial number and shipping address so we can look into a possible exchange to get you unblocked sooner?

Thanks

1 Like