3-degree of freedom

It is possible to switch the glasses to 3 Degree of freedom mode, if I'm not mistaken, currently working in permanent in 6-DoF mode. Even if the application is only 3DoF.

In another case, is it possible to turn off the warning that appears when tracking is lost ?

Hello,

Welcome to the forums! No, the MagicLeap 2 OS does not have an inertial / 3-dof tracking mode. You either get full 6-dof visual tracking or not (in which case the warning will appear). You could still build a stationary / 3dof-like experience though. What is your application?

Best,
Adam

Hi,

I'm trying to use them in the car while driving (as a passenger). But it often shows me that "tracking lost" type of warning. If I can't turn off 6DoF, is there any way to disable these warning.

I found "System UI" in the settings, which if I had the option to disable that, it might solve it.

Path:
[Settings/Apps & Notifications/Special app access/Display over other apps] and then "Show system"

You can try to enable Do not disturb as a possible workaround - however, we currently do not support this feature. Currently our system requires head pose to function properly.

The ability to disable these types of notifications and create apps that do not rely on positional tracking is not currently on our roadmap but I can forward your request to our voice of customer team.

@adrian.barton Just wanted to follow up on this. I have confirmed that even when Notifications are disabled, the tracking lost message will appear. Additionally, the Magic Leap 2 will stop rendering content on the display when tracking is lost.