Eyetracking while wearing glasses

Hi Leapers,
while I am developing with Unity I wear my glasses and put the magic leap over them for testing.
Since OS 1.2 it looks like the ML tries to adjust the position of the ML-mainmenu and the content inside the Unity app by checking eyetracking all the time - what moves the main menu and in Unity all 3D scenery by about 3 cm to the left and right once each second and causes a feeling like motion sickness for me. If I take off my glasses nothing is shaky anymore like it was before OS 1.2. Can I turn off this 'feature' somewhere completely? Can't you check if the eyetracking is not working correctly when it's deflected by glas-wearing people automatically? If I give the headset glas-wearing people that are sensitive for motion sickness (what was never a problem in the past) I might have a problem... :sunglasses:

Hi @pepone,

I have reached out to our team and will report back as soon as we learn about some next steps. I am sorry that you are experiencing motion sickness while using the headset. This is very important feedback to us as we want to ensure that all ML2 users have a safe experience while using the headset.

Best,

El

For vision accommodation, we recommend using the prescription inserts provided by Magic Leap 2 Prescription Insert - Frame of choice.

Contact lenses will also work. The ML2 device is designed to fit seamlessly and comfortably against the users face. We don't recommend that users wear glasses which may cause a poor user experience.

Best,

El

That doesn't answer my question... as we use the magic leap on exhibitions I can't tell people who wear glasses to get a prescription insert. So is there a way (or is it planned) to have a checkbox to do the spatial stabilization without the eyetracking? Or what causes the 'shakiness'? I don't care about the main menu - but would be nice to have that option per script in Unity.

Hi @pepone,
Can you share a video of the issue you are having. Covering the eye tracking cameras should not effect content stability.

Hi Leaper,
tried to catch the behaviour on video - but the video looks quite the same with and without glasses. My experience still is the positioning is shaky as long as I have glasses on and is perfectly stable once I take them off - what haven't been the case before OS 1.2. Anybody see the same behaviour?