How to disable the tracking lost warning

Hi,

I am currently using Magic Leap 2.
When the brightness of the room drops below a certain level, a tracking lost warning appears and the app stops working.
Is it possible to change some settings to prevent this warning from appearing and to keep the app running?

Also, if tracking is lost in a dark environment, and then I go to a bright environment and tracking is restored, the position (and orientation) of objects in the app changes.
Is this because the ambient light sensor tracking is lost and the positional relationship is no longer clear, or is it because all calculations stop when the warning appears?
If it is the latter, I am wondering if this can be avoided by not displaying the warning.
If it is the former, I believe the ML2 is also equipped with a gyro sensor, but is the gyro sensor not used in these calculations?

Thank you.

Currently we do not support using our device when tracking fails. However if you provide more information about your use case I can share your feedback with our voice of customer team.

Regarding Tracking:
The headset uses feature points to track your position in a space as well as IMU sensors. However, since the tracking is primary based on tracking visual feature points, it is unable to track the user using the IMU sensor alone.

The Magic Leap 2 requires the device to track the environment to operate properly. Because of this we do not provide a way to disable this warning. However if you provide more details on your use case we can share your feedback with our voice of customer team.

Here is additional information about how the headset tracks it's position: Headpose | MagicLeap Developer Documentation

Regarding Virtual Content Shifting:
If head pose is not regained within a few seconds (the notification shows a progress bar) the device will reset it's tracking origin. When the origin is reset the virtual objects will shift unless you are placing the objects relative to spatial anchors, which will be restored when localization is regained.

You can create a map to localize into using the Spaces app. Then you can use the Localization Map API to get the localization status and obtain the Space Origin (which can serve as a type of spatial anchor). You can also create additional anchors using the Spatial Anchor Storage API.

Thank you very much!
I understand.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.