Where's the "MagicLeap" project/manifest setting saved to?

We can find the "Magic Leap Settings.asset", but that is only for the settings under XR Plug-in Management. There's no new asset in the ProjectSettings directory, and changing the values (API level or permission bools) doesn't change anything in VC (aside from updating the AndroidManifest).

We need access to this as our build pipeline may need to build for non-AR enabled Android devices, so we need a way to automatically change "sub" platforms under Android (including having different manifest etc.).

1 Like

Forgive the delay with this one. It only took me a few seconds to test and find, but we were busy with the release this past week. I didn't know the answer off the top of my head, so I experimented with a git status after editing the manifest, leading me to:

Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml

Does that mean it will actually "load" the checkmarks in the permissions tab, if I change the android manifest? There's no backend field that can be scripted to change this value and then generate the manifest automatically (for a build pipeline)?

1 Like

I believe the permissions tab only changes the AndroidManifest.xml dynamically as you change the check marks. The build process likely just uses the xml. You can change the xml directly and have the same result.

1 Like

Right, so if we are multiple developers, and I change our manifest settings (which is written to the manifest), push it to the others, and their settings are different, won't it overwrite the manifest back on their end? Or will their settings be desynced from what is actually in the manifest file?

(And where in your code is this manifest writer? Do we have to create our own?)

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding how this works, but I am a bit confused - I am used to settings being a representation of a static class or scriptable object.

1 Like

These are good questions, and to be honest, I'm not sure whether the settings page or the AndroidManifest.xml would take precedence. I'd assume that the last one written from would be the one used in a build. But you would need to test that.

1 Like

These questions sound testable. I'll test it.

1 Like

The Magic Leap Manifest settings window simply checks if the permission has already been added to the manifest. Selecting the Check box adds the permission if it isn't present already. This means that developers are able to add permission settings to their manifest file without worrying that it will be overridden.

Multiple developers making changes to the permission settings and then pushing up their work at the same time will result in a Merge conflict.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like