App icon not showing up on device; can only be launched from The Lab 2

Hello,

(previously reported, Kat responded, but post is now closed to update https://forum.magicleap.cloud/t/app-icon-no-longer-present-on-device/349)

Building our app works fine and runs fine but we cannot get it to show in the device's main app menu, it must be launched from The Lab 2. We have confirmed the entire project setup per the latest ML docs and there are no apparent departures. We did discover that in order to get the camera working we had to add additional entries to the manifest that are not published in ML docs and are wondering if this is another unpublished manifest related issue? The app does show up under the Settings -> Apps menu (with icon), just not on the main menu. We have explicitly set images for all icon types/versions to no avail (fails the same with/without). We are running out of ways to troubleshoot this. This has been an issue since the .52 version of the SDK and matching OS. We have confirmed this is an issue when building from Mac or PC.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0a14.2006
ML2 OS version: ML2 OS Release B3E.220619.07-R.124 (user)

Magic Leap Lumin OS ML2 Sprint 13 Bravo

MLSDK version: 0.53.1

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown): N/A

Thank you for your advice!

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Happy to help with this. Just a few question to make sure I understand the issue better:

Do you mind sharing the manifest file you are using?
Have you specified a custom Icon in the player settings?
Is your Android API level set to 29?

1 Like

Have you specified a custom Icon in the player settings?
Yes, for every type/scale (but it failed before that, too):
Adaptive (API 26) icons (6/6)
Round (API 25) icons (6/6)
Legacy icons (6/6)

Is your Android API level set to 29?
Yes; the manifest only goes up to 20, but we have the Minimum API Level under Player settings set to 29, and target API to Automatic (highest installed; list goes to 33)
I can supply a screenshot can I attach docs here?

Do you mind sharing the manifest file you are using?
Sure, NP:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

Thanks, Krystian

1 Like

It looks like the manifest did not attach properly. You may have to format it as code so that it does not get mistaken as other tags.

1 Like

I can't get it to post without corruption how can I share a file with you, please?

1 Like

You can save the file as a text file and use the upload file button . Alternatively you can attach a screenshot

1 Like

Sorry I had trouble finding the button - it won't accept txt here's a PDF:
AndroidManifest.pdf (20.0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know, we will updated the site permissions to allow for .txt extensions.

Can you try using the this manifest file instead
AndroidManifest.txt (1.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi Krystian, that fixed it thank you so much. We used our permissions but your section and it worked. Awesome, thank you. For what it is worth, I think we ended up with our original form after specifying a custom manifest in the setup, automatically. So, I'm not sure if the default varies by setup.

This is resolved, thanks for your help!

1 Like