Magic Leap Setup Tool - "Asset ... has no meta file, but it's in an Immutable Folder"

We are trying to start a project from scratch and are using the Magic Leap Setup Tool v2.02 and am getting a host of errors on a clean project. The error states
"Asset >insert name< has no meta file, but it's in an Immutable Folder The asset will be ignored."

1. Created a project following this tutorial. I chose 2022.2.5f1 of unity
  2. Download the setup tool and install it following the Configure Project Settings
  3. I point the SDK to the mlsdk/v1.2.0 (also tried v1.2.0-dev2 folder which i know is not compat.)
  4. I then run update all and choose all the default options as prompted.

Once completed, I receive quite a few errors of errors as shown below (but more)

We attempted to chmod+ 777 the folders to make sure they are writeable, but we continue to get the same errors.

Unity Editor version: - 2022.2.5f1
MLSDK version: 1.6
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) MacOS

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Asset Packages/com.magicleap.unitysdk/Plugins/Android/libml_unity_vk_layer.so has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

Asset Packages/com.magicleap.unitysdk/Plugins/Android/libml_profiler_plugin.so has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

Asset Packages/com.magicleap.unitysdk/Plugins/Android/libml_unity_vk_layer.so has no meta file, but it's in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

Also ran into this issue when running the tool where it says its out of memory but theres plenty of physical memory. the CPU is barely getting pegged as well. Not sure if these two relate.

I started a new project from scratch, I then manually imported the SDK version 1.6 from MaglicLeap/tools/unity/v1.6.0/com.magicleap.unitysdk.tgz

I did nothing else but follow the default on-screen steps

I get the same errors as i did in the original post. This was a hint....

So, it looks like, even thought the Magic Leap Setup Tool does everyhthing, you still need to follow each step after the "Import MAgic Leap Unity SDK".

I started a new project again, and am somehow unable to get passed this.

Hi @andrewg

Errors on importing SDK

This is a bug in the current Unity SDK, but they shouldn't persist after importing. Are you using the Magic Leap registry to download the SDK or are you using a tarball file?

System out of memory crash

At what step do you see this error? Does this happen every time you execute a step or click "Apply All" ?

I have the same issue but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

The memory issue is at the "Set Build Target To Android" step.

I have tried both the Registry version and the tarball version. Both do the same thing. I'll try them again this afternoon. I will try again and make sure i can give more details. But at a high level, those are the fail points ive run into so far.

So we got end to end with building a new project. We still get the same "Asset * has no meta file" errors. We were able to successfully build the project and it also runs, so we are hoping to just move on with building our solution and hope to just get an update that will fix these in the future.

please let me know if you were able to duplicate it or if i am able to provide any additinal answers to help out.

thanks!
Andrew

@andrewg We will be releasing a new version of the Unity SDK packages imminently. This release will not have the missing "meta" file error messages.