UI control via Hand Tracking raycast

We are unable to activate UI control via Hand Tracking raycast.

The Hand Tracking present in MagicLeap Examples only highlights the Tracking without managing any Raycast.
Following the indications of Unity Learn in "'Hand tracking and gestures",
in addition to having no indications on which GameObject to use to set the Transform of the Center variable internally to the HandVisualizer(Script) component, by doing the Build on ML2 we can only display a Ray without having the ability to control it.

Is it possible to manage UI via Hand Tracking raycast (like the one that can be used within the ML2 Home page)?
Are there any tutorials to follow?

Unity Editor version : 2022.2.20f1
ML2 OS version : Version 1.4.0-dev2 - Build B3E.230907.10-R.033 - Android API Level 29
MLSDK version : 1.11.0
Host OS : Windows 10

Hi @PPXR,

I have reached out to our team internally to find a solution for this issue. I'll report back to you as soon as I learn more.

Best,

El

Hi @PPXR,

I would recommend using our MRTK3 template project.

Best,

El

When downloading the MRTKDevTemplate Project, I get an error that I cannot fix even though I followed the instructions to first remove the OpenXR package with the Magic Leap Unity SDK version 1.11.0.

Plugins: Failed to load MixedRealityToolkit-Unity-mrtk3_MagicLeap2/UnityProjects/MRTKDevTemplate/Library/PackageCache/com.magicleap.soundfield@3.4.1-230617.9.de83cb9/Plugins/x86_64/AudioPluginMSASpatializer.dll' because one or more of its dependencies could not be loaded.

I don't know how to use the further instructions that tell me to download the missing plugins from Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads.

Thank
Giuseppe

Please see the information at the bottom of the Quick Start Guide.

If importing the plugin results in Unity showing an error similar to the one below in the console, you may be missing additional runtimes ("Workloads"). This dependency can be installed is supplied by Microsoft: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable latest supported downloads.

Plugins: Failed to load 'C:/AppDirectory/Library/PackageCache/com.magicleap.soundfield@3.4.0-230405.66.cf20c31/Plugins/x86_64/AudioPluginMSASpatializer.dll' because one or more of its dependencies could not be loaded.

If errors are still present, close the project and delete the project's Library folder, then re-open Unity to reimport the existing packages. Then switch the Build target to Android.