Trouble with ZI in The Lab 2.0 on M1 Macbook using Unity

I am trying to use ZI within The Lab 2.0 to display any of the Unity examples. I've tried the Hello, Cube as well as the Meshing example. Despite playing the scene in Unity, ZI never shows anything from the scene. I have restarted both Unity and ZI multiple times and reviewed the project settings with a MagicLeap developer on a Zoom call. I was asked to post here with logs so that it could be reviewed by the team. ZI contains the default scene and doesn't change with the scene in Unity. The ZI plugin is enabled in Player Settings in Unity.

I am running an M1 Max on Monterey.

Unity Editor version (if applicable): 2022.2.0b4
ML2 OS version: R.027
MLSDK version: 0.53.2
The Lab 2.0 version:
Zero Iteration Module: 0.53.2-220802.160.zi7ae3fa4
TheLabLogs-20220902-174014-macOS.zip (365.7 KB)

Zero Iteration Frontend version (ZIF, if applicable):

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

1 Like

@agessel , I've forwarded this directly to the Zero Iteration team. We'll look into this. Thank you for the logs!

1 Like

Should we expect Zero Iteration to work on M1 Macs? I thought the problem was that ZI required OpenGL but this is not supported on M1 Macs.

1 Like

I was told that it won’t work inside of Unity but it should work in The Lab.

1 Like

To disambiguate, Zero Iteration Frontend (Zero Iteration located IN Unity) on M1 Macs is an issue. @agessel's issue is referring to Zero Iteration from The Lab.

1 Like

The logs suggest that the version of The Lab that you're using is Apple Silicon, which is not currently compatible with Zero Iteration ("Running under Rosetta: NO" in the logs)>

We will recommend downloading and installing the comparable Intel variant for this release.

1 Like

TheLabLogs-20220906-175751-macOS.zip (1.3 MB)

I am experiencing a similar issue, but on an older Intel Mac instead of an M1 Macbook. Diagnostic logs from ZI attached to this post. Using "Simulator" target as I do not have a physical device.

In my case, the "Game" view in Unity appears completely black, and the ZI view does not display any additional objects aside from the default office view. I was using the Hello Cube example.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b7.2913
MLSDK version: 0.53.2

1 Like

Not sure what happened here with the delayed reply, @hmasseyTS , but I'm on this right now.

1 Like

@hmasseyTS , we've found that your version of Zero Iteration is a bit aged. Can you upgrade following the recommendations in the September Software Release - #2 by sengelman?

1 Like