Please allow MR video capture with full opacity

Hi Magic Leap!

You know, your camera is actually pretty great but when it combines the real world footage with the digital the opacity is way too low and that really kills the end result

I want to record footage to promote my app, but it looks really terrible as is. I'm using MR capture via code so if you could just let us render holograms (even blacks) at full opacity that would be awesome!

Thanks!

4 Likes

A feature for this is coming in an upcoming OS update. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Hello, we are assuming this is similar to the setting in ML1 that would allow videos to capture more saturated AR content, yes? When will this be available please we need it to produce video content examples for social media --it is very high priority for us, thank you.

1 Like

Bump: this is critical to our ability to produce marketing media collateral. Any update as to when it wil be available, please?

1 Like

Disappointing that there's no progress on such an important feature. I updated to 1.1 dev1 today hoping to find some new MRBlendType options for the MLCamera but nothing, it's still just only additive and still no way to adjust the opacity.

What the folks from ML will tell you is that you can adjust this by capturing with ADB commands, I couldn't figure out how but there is a way. Ideally it would be just options set on the operating system camera settings

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @javier, let me see where we're at with this and I'll get you an update.

1 Like

So in the short term, our latest release (1.1.0-dev1) has higher opacity. You can change the content opacity using command line tools here.

Going forward, we expect to have this as a user control setting in The Magic Leap Hub in early 2023 and later via the device UI.

1 Like

That's promising! but the link to the command line tools isn't working.

1 Like

Markdown, my lifelong nemesis... Fixed link above ^

1 Like