Camera Capture API MLCamera.MRBlendType.Additive is a little too transparent

Hi Magic Leap, I've been using the CameraCapture Example provided by Magic Leap to preview and send the first person video Mixed capture view:

In the example, and using Camera Capture API, I've been using it to capture Mixed Capture.

There's a section that we specify the MRBlendType

context.MixedRealityConnectInfo.MRBlendType = MLCamera.MRBlendType.Additive;

This Additive mode makes the Digital portions, looking like 30%-50% transparent. However, I was wondering if there was a way to make this MRBlendType.Additive Digital Portions 100% Opaque instead.

Are there extra settings or suggestions to make the Digital Portions 100% Opaque? I want this advanced settings because it looks better when the digital portions are 100% opaque for sharing the video feed.

Magic Leap 2 "Hey Magic Leap, Start Recording" has those advanced settings to make the digital portions 100% opaque, but for CameraCapture API, I did not know of a way to make the "Unity's connection to the ML2 CameraCapture API" to make the capture 100% opaque digitals.

Unity Editor version: 2022.3.2f1
ML2 OS version: 1.3.0-dev2
MLSDK version: 1.7.0
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) Windows

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

@huy.le Thank you for your feedback and detailed explanation. Currently, out API only supports Additive Blending. However, I have reported this feedback to our voice of customer team.

Are you able to provide more information on the environment where you find the recording to be too transparent? Is there a specific one or is it an issue in general for the content you are recording/streaming?

Hi @kbabilinski Krystian, thanks for your answer!

The physical environment is indoors in a typical office setting room with regular yellow-white lighting. Normal mid-range indoors lighting.

I think that the stream/recording appears a little too transparent for me and my team because we've been using the Opaque 100% setting on Advanced Video Capture (for Magic Leap 2 recordings) lately because it makes the Digitals look so realistic and opaque, so our eyes have been very used to 100% Opaque digitals.

That's why when we were experimenting with the Camera Capture API setting, we were hoping to have the same Opacity/Transparency Slider control option to be able to control the exact transparency even if it's in MRBlendType.Additive

Thanks for voicing to the customer team! My request would be if in the code for Camera Capture API for future Unity Projects, if there was someway to control the Opacity/Transparency with Advanced Camera Capture API settings like: cameraCapture.opacity = 75.0; in the future. That would be so awesome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.