Open XR spatial anchors

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing:

Unity Editor version: 2022.3.18f1 (LTS) ML2 OS version: 1.5.0 Unity SDK version: 2.0.0 Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) Windows/MacOS

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Good afternoon, I am developing an application where one of the key functionalities is to localize a device in physical space using anchors. The question is, can I use Magic Leap XR Package (OpenXR) to use spatial anchors or are there other ways to anchor virtual space to real space, I would be very grateful for advice and any help in this matter.

Hi @artiom.soloduhin,

You may find this Localization Map Overview helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

El

Good afternoon, thanks for the advice, but I saw this description in the documentation, I'm more interested in whether on the openXr sdk you can use exactly the MlAnchors that you can install on this very location.

I am currently using MLSdk library which uses MLAnchors, openXr has a space which has no documentation, only api MagicLeapSpatialAnchorsFeature and MagicLeapSpatialAnchorsStorageFeature. Maybe you can tell me when exactly the documentation for these spaces will be available, or is it still in development?

The Unity Anchor implementation is still experimental and it's use is not encouraged until the API spec is finalized. The future release of the Unity SDK will include the Open XR Magic Leap Anchor implementation.