The MSA (Spatial Audio Plugin) Dev team here. Just released version 3.3.0 of our plugin with a new feature that will help many of you developers that want spatial audio but don't have the resources to create complex audio setups.
Starting with 3.3.0, you can use our plugin by default when you add an AudioSource, no need for any extra components, it just uses some sensible default values.
Let me give you a step by step guide on how to experience this:
- Create a new scene
- Install the plugin (either from MLHub or from the public NPM server com.magicleap.soundfield - npm )
- In audio settings select MSA Spatializer (and MSA ambisonic if you want but not needed for this)
- Add a 3D object to your scene (say a cube)
- add an AudioSource component to the cube, pick a mono AudioClip and check the Spatialize checkbox
- Run in editor to hear our spatial audio, move the cube if you want to hear it moving or animate if you want
- This works on device as well, if you want to try
This should be all you need to get you started. Of course, if you want to get all the powerful features you can still use MLPointSource or MLListener as needed, but this few steps will get you spatial audio easily and quick.
We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Feel free to ask questions here.