Headset unit overheating issue

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

ML2 OS version:
0.53.1 and below

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Symptom: when the headset get hot, the base unit fan spins with loud noise. And applications are malfunctioning. For the RTC use case, wifi seems to be broken during the over-heat time. Our development and tests were performed in a room with 73-80 F temperature which is not hot at all.

1 Like

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Can you please provide an adb bugreport so that we can inspect what is happening more closely?

1 Like

Rick, the fan is also expected to run for a majority of the time. These issues can also persist if the battery is excessively drained. Can you confirm your charge level as being greater than 15% when you see these issues?

A bugreport .zip created by the following command and sent to us afterwards will help us a lot:

adb bugreport bugreport.zip
1 Like

Please see a bugreport here (40MB).

Running the Unity example project was ok at the beginning. But after heating up, the app just quits, like my other testing app. After generating this bug report, the screen was black. I couldn't press the home button to exit to main menu. So eventually I had to shut down the device entirely.

1 Like

@rick , did this ever get resolved?

1 Like

Closing due to inactivity. Thanks for stopping by the Forum.