Errors while opening Unity MagicLeap_Examples in 53.3 update

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Open the examples project included in 53.3 update. Are all these errors expected or is there a config issue?

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b8
ML2 OS version: As per embedded in 53.3 update
MLSDK version: As per embedded in 53.3 update

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Build takes some time and then errors like this:

1 Like

Did you switch the build target to "Android?"

1 Like

Yes. All I did was copy the MagicLeap_Examples from the 53.3 folder.
Add to Unity Hub, Select to open with 2022.2.0b8 with Android, and those errors appear.

I think it is likely a localised issue on this Windows 10 PC. I am trying on a Windows 11 machine now while recording, the process is a lot smoother, but there were some small issues.

1 Like

This may be anecdotal, but from my experience with trying to get the examples project to work in 53.2 I had to use the exact release of Unity that was mentioned in the documentation (Unity 2022.2.0b4) despite the additional wording of "or newer". I stared with Unity 2022.2.0b7 since that was the latest at the time, and after hours of debugging I decided to just restart and install 2022.2.0b4. Everything started up without issue on that version.

I would recommend going back to Unity 2022.2.0b7 since that is was it mentioned in the 53.3 documentation and starting to debug from there. Both ML and Unity being beta (development) releases is a bit frustrating, so I no longer trust any wording that says "or newer".

3 Likes

We have also had better success with downgrading back to 2022.2.0b7.

2 Likes