Controller works only if it is wired to the puck

Controller makes 4 short beeping sounds, repeats it after 1 second delay and turns off.
It does this with the device off/on.

Plugging it in the puck it shows the up to date modal and it works.

Unplugging the controller stops working and turns off.

Tried reinstalling the os w/ factory reset, did not fix it.

ML2 OS version:

• Magic Leap OS - 1.1.0-dev1 [B3E.221020.13-R.039]

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

1 Like

Hi @istvan, please send us your info here and our Customer Care team can take care of you. I'll give our Care team including @thecianrice and @jspire a head's up.

1 Like

Hi Istvan,

This is the ticket we opened to keep track of this. We went through the rollback and saw that it was able to restore functionality by updating the OS and Controller after it was charged. Can you send us the serial number for the device as well as what version you are on and what version you were updating to. If you can try upgrading back to the latest version and see if the issue reoccurs as we talked about on the call?

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi @jspire,

I was able to isolate and solve the issue.

The issue is caused by letting the controller charge drop below 5% on the latest os - 1.1.0-dev1.
Reverted the os to the previous version and the controller worked again.
updated the os to latest, updated the controller - was charged ~100% - seeems to solve the problem

Best,
I

1 Like

Hi Istvan,

Keep an eye on the charge, it's possible that if it depletes too far this may happen again. If it does, let us know as soon as you can.

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi Istvan,

I just wanted to follow up on this and see if you still required assistance from us. No response is required if your issue is resolved. We will close the ticket if we do not hear back from you after some time.

Thank you,