Builds crashing after restarting computer

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b8
ML2 OS version: Build: B3E.220818.12-R.085 SDK Version 29
MLSDK version: 0.53.3
Host OS: Windows

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

I had a working project, building correctly. After I restarted my computer and reopened Unity, now the builds say they've built correctly, but fail to actually startup on the device. Older builds work fine. It seems to be independent of the scene/code because the sample scenes now also fail to start up.

Possibly related is that now when I go to project settings, I'm getting in an infinite loop of reinstalling packages. I have to kill the unity process from the task manager.

1 Like

2022-09-28 Device Bridge logs.txt (39.2 KB)

2 Likes

Oh actually now I see the proper log export method. Here's the export:
MLHubLogs-20220928-175325-win.zip (280.5 KB)

1 Like

@logan , I can see your reported OS. Can you double-check it one more time?

Also, do you have "graphics jobs" enabled in the Player Settings?

1 Like

@logan the first thing I would try here is to close the project, delete the library folder, and reopen the project, letting Unity rebuild.

1 Like

listed above was copy pasted from device bridge.
Listed in-device under settings is B3E.220818.12-R.085 test-keys

Graphics jobs is disabled. I don't know for sure whether it was when it was working.

1 Like

Already deleted the library folder. No change.

1 Like

Does this happen on a new project? I'm trying to figure out if the project is corrupt or a package is corrupt.

1 Like

Yes. Identical in any project build from this machine. Those also worked previously with no meaningful changes to the project that I am aware of.

1 Like

Oh wait! scratch that. I did just manage to build from a different project just that it didn't crash. Looking for differences in settings now.

3 Likes

What about known incompatibilities? Firebase, maybe?

1 Like

More hints. After making a change to my package name, Unity attempted to resolve dependencies and failed. Firebase is looking more suspicious.

2 Likes

Hi Logan, if I understand correctly, the issue with the editor occurs even if the Magic Leap SDK is not imported. It might be a Unity editor issue. If this is the case, I recommend that you report this using the Unity bug reporter.

Additional troubleshooting steps:

Please make sure that only one quality preset is listed in your projects quality settings.
Google play services is not available on our device. This means that any plugin or service that uses google play services may crash or result in an error.
Make sure that your plugins support Unity version 2022.2.x

1 Like

Closing due to inactivity. Thanks for stopping by the Magic Leap 2 Forum!

1 Like

Can I reopen this? Cause it's back!
Or similar?
I updated everything to latest version and it's now crashing again on startup. Meaning it opens the app and just sits on a blank screen. The logs show crash.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Unity removed app simulator (that has often shown errors). Checked dev environment variables against setup instructions. I'll include Logs. Please help.

1 Like

device_Log_20221205_1937_37.txt (670.0 KB)

1 Like

Now that's academic because when I deleted the Library folder to see if that fixed it, it's now failing to build because my newtonsoft isn't included in the build for some reason?? WTF.

1 Like

Sure @logan, happy to help. May I ask you to send us your info and device details? Our customer support team can work with you to make sure that doesn't happen again.

1 Like

Sure. I submitted a request via the link. It seems like it didn't associate it with my account because I don't see it listed under requests, but it said success so I have to assume it did submit. Thanks for your help.

Our customers are receiving their Magic Leap device in a couple weeks so I hope we can sort this out quickly.

1 Like

For clarity, the support request was about the crash on app start problem. This new problem that is preventing from building is ongoing. I suspect some versioning compatibility problem with the updates but I haven't found it.
I've tried adding a linker to prevent code stripping with no success. I've tried downgrading the newtonsoft version with no success.

1 Like