Builds crashing after restarting computer

Thank you @logan. I'm cc'ing @jspire and @thecianrice from our Customer Care team for their awareness.

3 Likes

Update: the failure to build was a version incompatibility between newtonsoft and my firestore auth library. I'm guessing it was triggered by the Unity update.

1 Like

But the startup crash is still alive and well after going through the December update and checking all my project settings.

1 Like

Where are we at? I've had no progress after a full work week and no feedback about fix timeline from forum, email, or support ticket. I'm stopping in to make it clear that I am still waiting for resolution on this issue. I'm happy to work more directly with support to provide whatever info is needed. Setup a call to clarify? @kdowney @jspire @thecianrice

It has happened while building from different machines, both mac and windows, on different projects, with different code bases, in different unity versions, on different ML OS versions with different ML SDK versions.

In the meantime, I have to redirect my resources to other platforms and tell grumpy customers that Magic Leap isn't ready and we don't have timeframe for when it will be.
Real talk? I didn't sleep and I'm losing my mind.

1 Like

Hi Logan, I setup a time for a call. Let me know if you are able to upload the device logs so we can take a look at them before the meeting.

Can you also try building using the latest Unity Release? Lastly, does your application use the ML Media Player ?

1 Like

Great. That time works for me as long as it's less than an hour.
Device logs: I've uploaded the logs a few times in different places. Are you talking about the logs from the Device Bridge? Or the one generated from the adb.exe? I have both.
Unity Release: Which do you mean by latest? I've built from

• Last working - 2022.2.0b8
  • Current 'supported' - 2022.2.0b14
  • Latest beta - 2022.2.0b16

ML Media Player: Not that I know of.

1 Like

startupCrashArgyle 1.1.0-dev2.zip (20.9 MB)
Exported via adb with the latest everything.

1 Like