Anchor value generated in a fixed space through localization is not constant.

Successfully scanned the real space through the Space app. I ran an app that activates localization and creates anchors in that state.
However, if you turn off the app, turn off and off the Magic Leaf 2 device, or localize it to another spcae and return to the existing space, the anchor's position will change. It is transformed into a slight angle and position value, not displayed in a significantly different position.

Can you tell me why this is happening?

And I was able to check the SpaceOrigin value in MLanchors, but the value changes depending on where the app starts. Is this right?

I leave another question because I don't fully understand and I'm using it in the wrong way.
Does the anchor itself or the number of anchors affect spatial perception?

Isn't the Space app itself scanning and figuring out where the user is located? That's what I understand.

If you need a map, I'd like to talk about it in a direct message

Hi Roofer!

Just wanted to ask some clarifying questions so we can help out.

Successfully scanned the real space through the Space app. I ran an app that activates localization and creates anchors in that state.

I understood this to mean you created a space, scanned it, and set it as the Active space for the system to localize to. While the device recognizes this space and has a status confirming it is localized to that space, you create an anchor and publish it to that space? Is that correct?

And I was able to check the SpaceOrigin value in MLanchors, but the value changes depending on where the app starts. Is this right?

If localized to the space, the Space Origin this will contain the transform of the target space's origin relative to the world origin. As headpose world origin changes anytime there is a new headpose session (eg. device reboot) it should be different yes.

I leave another question because I don't fully understand and I'm using it in the wrong way.
Does the anchor itself or the number of anchors affect spatial perception?

The number of anchors does not impact the localization quality so feel free to use them how you see best. Most use them relative to a unique piece of content or a shared origin for colocated experiences for other uses. The spatial perception as you call is impacted by how well you mapped the space prior. For example if you are standing in an area that you did not map it is possibly the current view of the world would not contain markers that could be matched against your Space and we wouldn't consider the device localized to your Space.

Isn't the Space app itself scanning and figuring out where the user is located? That's what I understand.

The best way to think of the Spaces app is it creates a discrete map that the developer / user can choose to localize to. Currently the device doesn't try to automatically choose one and relies on the developer or user to choose which one they want, the device for QoL reasons will try to always localize to the last connected space.

We have captured feedback from other customers that they would also like an automatic mode in the future and that is something we will report back about once it is available.

As for any questions or feedback on use definitely happy to walk through any questions you have about Spatial Anchors, Spaces, or mapping in general to help you get going in your app.

1 Like
  1. yes. I create an anchor and post it in that space when the device is in a state of recognizing this space and confirming that it is localized in that space
  2. I understand.
  3. Ok.
    4.Thank you.

What I want is to obtain the coordinate value of the QR code recognized in the localized space and store it on a separate server, and to be the same as the coordinate value of the QR code that was stored when the app was turned on again in the recognized coordinate value within a certain error range.

Are you saying that the contents of SpaceOrigin described above are related to the change in the position and coordinate values of the spatial anchors I have experienced?

@roofer Just want to make sure I understand,

... related to the change in the position and coordinate values of the spatial anchors I have experienced?

Are you referring to the position and rotation values changing when reboot the device despite the anchors being in the same physical location? Or are you referring to the apparent position of the anchors changing in the real world?

What I want is to obtain the coordinate value of the QR code recognized in the localized space and store it on a seperate server and to be the same as the coordinate value of the QR code that was stored when the app was turned on again ...

Is it correct to assume that you are trying to create an application that saves and loads the QR code position relative to the space origin?