1.6 unitysdk errors

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity 2022.2.4f1:
ML2 OS version:
MLSDK 1.6:
Host OS: MacOS

Hi!
Just updated the SDK and ZI packages from tarball and getting loads of errors. What did I do wrong? Updated from 1.4 to 1.6. Am I missing something?

Library/PackageCache/com.magicleap.unitysdk@b73c97408eb9/Runtime/OpenXR/MagicLeapFeature.cs(20,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CustomRuntimeLoaderBuildTargets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Hi @maks Thank you for reporting this bug, I have passed it along to our Unity SDK team and was informed that it will be fixed in the next release.

@maks it is possible to work around this to get you going.

Either

• Uninstall the OpenXR package from your project

or if you need the OpenXR package for other platforms (as we do)

• Use a modified version of the package. Just unzip to somewhere in your Unity project outside of the Assets folder (we create a folder called ModifiedPackages) and then add it from disk in the package manager. The only modification to this is the runtime asmdef is modified to reference the the OpenXR package by package name instead of GUID.

com.magicleap.unitysdk.zip (16.1 MB)

When the proper fix comes out you can just delete this modified version and then add the tgz as usual.

3 Likes

Thank you, @edd!

The second option works for me =)

Also had this issue and the above zip fix only got rid of 45 of the 56+ errors, left iwth 11 others (image attached)

Off VPN to try and resolve package manager searching issue (end of prior console screencap) and am down to 9 errors.

Ended up just creating a new project with the Unity Magic Leap project tool and manually recreating the project.