Voice Intents not working with App Simulator

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.9f1
ML2 OS version: 1.2.0-dev2
MLSDK version: 1.2.0-dev2
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS): Windows

I have enabled the voice input on the ML2. Also the Permission settings in Unity Project settings
The voice-intents example works if I build the app. But I want to test the voice intents via the App simulator without having to build every time. These are the errors I receive from trying to run the Voice Intents example in the app sim.

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Error 1:

Error: MLVoiceIntentCreate in the Magic Leap API failed. Reason: MLResult_NotImplemented 
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLVoice:get_VoiceEnabled ()
VoiceIntentsExample:Initialize () (at Assets/MagicLeap/Examples/Scripts/VoiceIntentsExample.cs:67)
VoiceIntentsExample:OnApplicationPause (bool) (at Assets/MagicLeap/Examples/Scripts/VoiceIntentsExample.cs:56)

Error 2:

Error: MLVoice Start in the Magic Leap API failed. Reason: MLResult_NotImplemented 
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLVoice:get_VoiceEnabled ()
VoiceIntentsExample:Initialize () (at Assets/MagicLeap/Examples/Scripts/VoiceIntentsExample.cs:67)
VoiceIntentsExample:OnApplicationPause (bool) (at Assets/MagicLeap/Examples/Scripts/VoiceIntentsExample.cs:56)

Error 3:

Voice Commands has not been enabled. Voice intents requires this setting to enabled. It is found in system settings inside Magic Leap Inputs.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
VoiceIntentsExample:Initialize () (at Assets/MagicLeap/Examples/Scripts/VoiceIntentsExample.cs:101)
VoiceIntentsExample:Start () (at Assets/MagicLeap/Examples/Scripts/VoiceIntentsExample.cs:50)

Hi @pokemon9757 and welcome to the Magic Leap 2 Forum. Unfortunately Voice Intents is not supported in the App Simulator. The MLResult_NotImplemented error means the feature isn't supported in App Sim.

Hi @kdowney, oh... Thank you. So turns out any audio recording feature and voice intents wouldn't work with the App Sim. It would be of great help if the documentation specifically states so...