Unable to start RenderDoc (prev005)

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

ML2 OS version: N/A
MLSDK version: N/A
Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.2965
Graphics Driver: Intel(R) UHD Graphics, Driver Version 31.0.101.4369

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

• Execution of C:\Users[username]\MagicLeap\tools\renderdoc\vprev005\qrenderdoc.exe failed with exit code -1073740791

Hi @alexhenry Thanks for your post. Are you using the RenderDoc version from the Magic Leap Hub? An open source version will not work, nor will having both open source and Hub versions on the same machine just fyi.

Both the Renderdoc version and the OS version need to stay up to date too.

Also if you have log files, we'd be happy to take a look at those.

Hi @kdowney, I originally had the open source version of RenderDoc installed, installed the prev005 version from the Magic Leap Hub, saw that there were conflicts (by running renderdoccmd.exe vulkanlayer --explain), uninstalled both versions and then reinstalled the prev005 version from the Magic Leap Hub. I then resolved the conflicts by running renderdoccmd.exe vulkanlayer --register --system.

When you say the Renderdoc version and OS version need to stay up to date, are you referring to the Windows 10 OS version? Or a version of the ML2 OS?

Lastly, are there log files from trying to start RenderDoc from the Magic Leap Hub that I can find?

Thank you for the update and information @alexhenry. I was referring to the ML2 OS, I should have made that clear. Yes the logs would be through logcat. Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Hi @kdowney, I should have been more clear in the original report. The issue occurs when I initially try to launch RenderDoc directly from the Magic Leap Hub. I am not even able to attempt to connect RenderDoc to an ML2 application, so I don't think an ML2 OS version is relevant yet.