Stereo rendering issue with OS 1.3.1

Dear Magic Leap Team,

We are experiencing strange stereo rendering issues with the latest ML2 OS 1.3.1.

After updating our Magic Leap2 device to OS 1.3.1 the eye distance does not look correct. I almost have to cross my eyes to be able focusing on a 3D plane which is located in front of me.

We are using the native C-API rendering to Magic Leap provided texture using OpenGLES.
Also using the projection matrices provided by the Magic Leap API.

After reinstalling ML2 OS 1.3.0-dev2 this is working again.

Has something changed with 3D rendering in OS 1.3.1 (compared to previous OS versions)?

ML2 OS version: 1.3.1
MLSDK version: 1.3.0
Host OS: macOS

Thanks,
Richard

Hi @rp1,

I have reached out to our team regarding this issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will report back as soon as possible. Have you received any error messages that may help track down the issue?

Best,

El

Hi @etucker,

The only error message I can see is this:

2023-08-22 08:43:36.752 4607-5110/? E/MagicleapGodotApp: MlArVr.cpp:128: failed to begin frame; [MLResult_Timeout]
2023-08-22 08:43:36.753 4607-5110/? E/MagicleapGodotApp: ERROR: Condition "p_right <= p_left" is true.
2023-08-22 08:43:36.753 4607-5110/? E/MagicleapGodotApp:    at: set_frustum (nova/external/godot/core/math/camera_matrix.cpp:175) - Condition "p_right <= p_left" is true.
2023-08-22 08:43:37.019 4607-5110/? E/MagicleapGodotApp: MlArVr.cpp:128: failed to begin frame; [MLResult_Timeout]

However, I think it's unrelated.

Thanks,
Richard

Thank you @rp1,

A few follow up questions:

• Do you see vertical misalignment when looking at the home menu? Specifically on the top edge of the screen. Does the top of the left eye align with the top of the right eye?

• What HW version are you using?

• Are you using Godot editor? It is not officially supported by Magic Leap.

• How are the native examples performing?

Best,

El

• The Magic Leap main menu looks good. However, looking at the top part of the 3D plane rendered in our app (rendered into the Magic Leap texture using OpenGLES), it looks like the image on the left side is shifted down compared to the right eye. The same app does not show this behavior with ML2 OS 1.3.0.

• Model:M1004000 / 2022.10

• No, we do not use Godot (strange thing is, that I can see that log output "E/MagicleapGodotApp" even the Magic Leap was reseted to factory setting).

• The native Examples are working without any issues. For example, I tested the meshing example which is working fine.

Best,
Richard

Is the issue about "headlocked" content?

Hi,

Yes, the content is "headlocked".
However, we fixed an issue with our projection matrix.
We also had problems starting the device stream with Magic Leap Hub.

Now it looks like it is working. Stereo rendering looks good.

Thanks,
Richard