Ray on XR Rig does not work only on first startup

When I run a simple configuration app on XR Rig and Sphere as shown below, Ray does not follow at all when I move the controllers. Once I go back to the Home screen and select the app again, Ray follows.

YouTube

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0f1
ML2 OS version:1.2.0 B3E.230330.11-R.044
MLSDK version:1.2.0
MLSDK Unity Package version:1.6.0
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) Windows 11 Home Edition

Are you investigating?
DevRel for Magic Leap, although the response time is quite slow.

running over USB? WIFI or
installed your app to the device?
works fine for me: sdk 1.2.0, unity 2022.2.17. I used Magic Leap Setup Tool to configure the project.

1 Like

@tokufxug Can you try to import this in your project to perhaps fix anything that may have been missed? Magic Leap Setup Tool | Integration | Unity Asset Store

1 Like

@tokufxug Can you confirm this issue? We have been unable to reproduce.

1 Like

Currently, we are working on Remote Rendering, so we have not been able to check this project.

We will create a new project and reconfirm it. We hope to have this done by the end of next week at the earliest.

@tokufxug I had the same issue and so did my colleagues. It was a bug in the ML Unity SDK 1.5. It doesn't happen in 1.4 and is fixed in 1.6.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
I thought I had originally used Magic Leap's Unity Package 1.5 and upgraded to 1.6, but it seems likely that I was not able to. I will create a new one and try it for now.

Thank you, @tokufxug . We expect 1.6.0 to work for you, as expected.

1 Like

I see this problem even if I recreate the project and create it from scratch with the Magic Leap Setup Tool.

By the way, can you tell us what version of Unity Editor you recommend?