Not able to run device simulator in unity editor play mode

I haven't been able to run the unity editor play mode on my device with the device simulator and keep getting the following errors. I have the simulator up to date and running with my device connected and plugged-in laptop.
I also have all the permission enabled in the manifest.
I am using the latest MRTK2 version as well.

Right now to test I have to always make a build. Any suggestions?

Error: MagicLeapSpeechInputProvider com.magicleap.permission.VOICE_INPUT permission denied.
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLPluginLog:Error (object)
MagicLeap.MRTK.DeviceManagement.Input.MagicLeapSpeechInputProvider:OnPermissionDenied (string) (at Assets/MRTK-Magic Leap 2/Providers/MagicLeap/Scripts/MagicLeapSpeechInputProvider.cs:295)
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLDevice:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.magicleap.unitysdk@274afe8117ca/Runtime/Common/Utils/MLDevice.cs:450)

Error: MLZIPermissionsIsGranted in the Magic Leap API failed. Reason: MLResult_PermissionDenied
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLPermissions:RequestPermission (string,UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLPermissions/Callbacks)
MagicLeap.MRTK.DeviceManagement.Input.MagicLeapSpeechInputProvider:Enable () (at Assets/MRTK-Magic Leap 2/Providers/MagicLeap/Scripts/MagicLeapSpeechInputProvider.cs:162)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.BaseDataProviderAccessCoreSystem:Enable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@321dd3d08b64/Core/Services/BaseDataProviderAccessCoreSystem.cs:36)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.Input.MixedRealityInputSystem:Enable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@321dd3d08b64/Services/InputSystem/MixedRealityInputSystem.cs:256)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.MixedRealityToolkit/<>c:b__70_0 (Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.IMixedRealityService) (at Library/PackageCache/com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@321dd3d08b64/Core/Services/MixedRealityToolkit.cs:1047)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.MixedRealityToolkit:ExecuteOnAllServicesInOrder (System.Action`1<Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.IMixedRealityService>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@321dd3d08b64/Core/Services/MixedRealityToolkit.cs:1156)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.MixedRealityToolkit:EnableAllServices () (at Library/PackageCache/com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@321dd3d08b64/Core/Services/MixedRealityToolkit.cs:1047)
Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit.MixedRealityToolkit:OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.microsoft.mixedreality.toolkit.foundation@321dd3d08b64/Core/Services/MixedRealityToolkit.cs:714)

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b9.3080
ML2 OS version: B3E.220818.12-R.046-R.417 User_Secure
MLSDK version: 1.0.0
Host OS: Windows 10
MRTK Foundations v2.8
MRTK Examples v2.8

1 Like

@jc1 I've re-categorized this under App Simulator. All App Simulator questions will require logs as described here: MagicLeap Developer Documentation

Please include a ZIP of these logs in a reply.

1 Like

Hi @jc1, do you have the logs we can take a look at? Thank you for your post.

1 Like

Hi,

I am not sure how I can get the logs since plugging the device on PC/Laptop is not being recognized? (I tried many different USB types and usb bandwidth cables)

~WRD0000.jpg

1 Like

@jc1 Does the Magic Leap 2 show up in the Device Manager in windows? In ML Hub, do you see the device listed in the lower right corner when it's connected?

1 Like

Hi, I have been able to run the simulator for the last few weeks now however ever since ML hub simulator asked me to update it I am no longer able to run it anymore.

I have just updated to latest OS + latest Unity SDK DEV1 version + latest MRTK ML2 packages etc etc... to see if that would resolve it but I am still getting this error in Unity console.

Error: MLZIPermissionsIsGranted in the Magic Leap API failed. Reason: MLResult_NotImplemented
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLDevice:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.magicleap.unitysdk@473860f6c68d/Runtime/Common/Utils/MLDevice.cs:450)

1 Like