Issues with Eye Tracking Line Trace in Unreal Engine 5.3 on ML2

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing:

Magic Leap SDK version: 1.5.0
Unreal Engine version: 5.3
ML2 OS version: 1.5.0

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

I've been working on an application using Unreal Engine 5.3, where I implemented a feature to show a line trace that follows the user's gaze using the "Get Gaze Data" function. While testing with remote rendering, everything worked as expected: the line trace accurately depicted where the user was looking. However, upon building and running the application on a Magic Leap 2 device, the line trace visualization disappeared, and it seems that the eye tracking feature is not functioning as it did during the remote rendering phase.

I am curious to understand why the eye tracking and line trace visualization only worked with remote rendering and not when the app was built and executed on the Magic Leap 2 device. Is there a known issue or limitation with eye tracking in Unreal Engine applications when running on Magic Leap 2? Additionally, I would like to confirm if using the "Get Gaze Data" function is the correct approach for implementing eye tracking features in Unreal Engine for Magic Leap 2 or if there's an alternative method or additional setup required for the Magic Leap platform.

Any insights, documentation references, or guidance on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am keen on utilizing the eye tracking capability of Magic Leap 2 to its fullest and integrating it seamlessly into my Unreal Engine project.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi @yuna.seo,

I have reached out to our team to find a solution for your issue. Are you receiving any error logs when building to the ML2?

Best,

El

log.txt (1.0 MB)

This is a very urgent situation. I kindly request your prompt assistance.

Thank you. I look forward to your response.

I've solved this.

It was because the nose pads were missing, causing the glasses to not stay in place when worn.

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.