Issues setting up the device

Hi @martin.wilter

I spoke to our Customer Care team about this and they have asked that you contact them here or email care@magicleap.com. Our engineers are standing by for your message.

2 Likes

@kbabilinski should I also redirect my request there?

2 Likes

@john Yes please, they will be able to help you recover your device and update to the latest version of the Magic Leap 2 OS.

1 Like

Hi,

I was experiencing a similar issue and figured I should post the solution that helped me solve the problem.

I bought a new ML2 headset, and during setup, the controller somehow entered the Generic Failure mode (the LED was blinking red 2 times). Despite many attempts to resolve the issue, I figured the only option was to follow the steps defined here. I downloaded the files for manual flashing and followed the steps for Windows. I have to say, the procedure is somewhat misleading since the outputs of the cmd commands were different.

1. The command erase_myriad.bat repeatedly returned "No instance(s) available," which is described as a possible scenario in the Windows Flashing documentation.
  2. Both commands fcmd.bat mode 0101 & timeout /t 3 & fcmd.bat gpio 010300
    and fcmd.bat gpio 0003 & fcmd.bat edfu 01 & fcmd.bat edfu 040000000000040000 requested an FCMD COM number, which I had no idea about. It is actually a COM port through which communication with the controller is established. Given the instruction NOT to connect the controller to the computer, it makes sense that communication through a specific COM port isn't available. I initially thought this was an "error" and that both commands had to execute without an error, with the output being just "OK:", so I gave up after multiple attempts. I also contacted ML support, which was really responsive, but their response was to send the headset back, which would probably cost me a month or two since I live in Europe. Having almost "nothing to lose," I tried the manual flash one last time and ignored the request for the FCMD COM number. I ran the erase_myriad.bat command again, which threw "No instance(s) available," and then connected the controller to the computer. As soon as I connected the controller, the debug line started showing "OK" and, finally, a success message. After this was completed, I connected the controller to the compute pack, where the middle LED started rapidly blinking white, and after some time, the controller connected successfully.

Now, everything works perfectly, and the issue was resolved. I hope this helps someone else.

2 Likes