How to create New Space Name from app

How can create New Space from my app with ar cloud?

Hey @thangpro , currently Space names are defined on the Admin Portal only. The Spaces Tool on device can name the maps you contribute back to the space but ultimately that is a Web Portal action.

I am curious about your use case and if naming spaces from the device app is something that is important to you.

1 Like

My App allows master to:
Create a space, place an object in space
Sharing name space via photon
When the user joins the photon room, the user will receive data including name space, object information
After having the space name, I use this space name for the "Space" app of magic leap

@thangpro can you confirm both devices show the same Space in the Spaces tool under the "Shared Spaces" tab? If both devices can see the name then sending Device A's localized space to Device B over photon should allow you to manually select it. If you can confirm the above I can outline the API calls you can use.

1 Like

No
I need create auto,
I want:

• call api to create Space("Shared Spaces") from my app
  • call auto select Space with name from my app

I think I responded in a similar thread but I believe you are describing a feature we plan to release in the future called Automatic Mapping. Currently you can not programmatically Create a space from your application, you can from the spaces tool.

Till that feature is exposed in a future release you can import a saved space, export a saved space, and select a saved space but the mapping flow is within the Spaces application itself (which can be invoked programmatically).

From the above wants you can Select a space as active with the name from your app if you already have a saved map file and want to it with an above combination of the above.

I will definitely follow up here once Automatic Mapping is released as I think your feedback will be very useful.

2 Likes

Thanks for your helpful help, so I'll keep an eye on it if new features come out

Hi I wanted to follow up on ability to create a space from our own application programmatically. Could you please provide an update on the current status or any recent developments in this matter? Because we can't go to spaces app every time when i need to create a new space in our AR cloud it's destroying our app's user experience.

Hi @david.kanaga , just to clarify the user flow. Ideal flow would be allow device application to check if an existing space exists / choose an existing one, if not then to create a new space. Is the desire to have full Create / Read / Update / Delete access on managing spaces from the device rather than through the web portal?

Hi @mrushton , is it possible to create a space from our own app side (not from spaces app) if there is no existing spaces available?

Yes, our desire is to have full CRUD (Create / Read / Update / Delete) access to managing spaces directly from the device rather than relying solely on the web portal. This would greatly enhance the efficiency of our application and provide a seamless experience for our users. Because web portal doesn't have any customization options.

@david.kanaga thank you for your patience, you mention the spaces app which can create spaces only when the device is in Local / On-Device Localization mode but also reference AR Cloud. You are correct in that creation of spaces is not currently possible though on the roadmap. If you don't mind I am going to make sure your feedback is escalated to the Voice of the Customer team.

The ask is summarized as the desire to have the ability for an application, not spaces or the web portal, to be able to control CRUD operations as it relates to spaces themselves in both AR Cloud and ODL.

Can you confirm I understood the request correctly?

Thank you for your response and for escalating the feedback to the Voice of the Customer team. You have accurately summarized the request. The primary ask is for application-level control over CRUD operations for shared spaces, not limited to the Spaces app or the web portal. The ability to manage and control the creation, updating, and deletion of spaces within the application would significantly enhance user experience and functionality. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to any updates regarding its inclusion in the roadmap.

1 Like