Can't get ML2 to "see" cube

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b3080
ML2 OS version:B3e.220818.12-R.085_user_secure
MLSDK version:53.3
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) Windows

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

[MagicLeapXr-ImageTracking]: Could not start the image tracking subsystem because permissions were denied.
UnityEngine.XR.Management.XRGeneralSettings:AttemptInitializeXRSDKOnLoad () (at C:/Users/augus/Documents/TestML2/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.management@4.2.0/Runtime/XRGeneralSettings.cs:148)

and

Multiple ADB server instances found, the following ADB server instance have been terminated due to being run from another SDK. Process paths:
C:\Users\augus\MagicLeap\MLHub\plugins\com.magicleap.adb.win32.x86_64_1.0.41.28_0_2\adb\adb.exe

System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

Hello all, just busted out my ML2 and had issues with just seeing a cube. The Hub tracks the camera but when I hit play in unity I get nothing. When viewing the camera view in Game Mode it is a black screen. When I go into scene view and look at the moving camera gizmo the little box showing what the camera sees can see the red cube.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Your Unity version will need to be updated to 2022.2.0b4 or higher.

Multiple instances of adb are executed — Unity runs an instance for "Build & Run," the ML Hub runs one for the App Simulator, and it's possible you may be running an adb server from the command line without realizing it. In normal circumstances, the versions in Unity and the ML Hub do not cause issues, but you should check if there's a stray process running elsewhere.

We have some documentation for setting Permissions. This will explain the steps that may be missed.

Hello and thank you, sorry I was running 2022.2.04b9. Dumb question but how do I check if I have multiple adbs running?

1 Like

I don't have Windows to test, but I expect it to be something like this:

On a *NIX-like platform, such as Linux or MacOS, it would be something like:

ps aux | grep adb

Then:

kill -9 THEPIDNUMBERGOESHERE
1 Like