ML2 OS version:
Build: B3E.220721.07-R.027
SDK Version 29
MLSDK version:
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS)
Windows

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

MicrosoftTeams-image (1)

System.DllNotFoundException: AudioPluginMSASpatializer assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MagicLeap.Soundfield.Importer.IsInitialized()
  at MagicLeap.Soundfield.Importer.Startup (System.Boolean isEditor) [0x00000] in <7726eb48ba4945b8bdf5e708419699e7>:0
  at MagicLeap.Soundfield.MLListener.Startup (System.Boolean isEditor) [0x00000] in <7726eb48ba4945b8bdf5e708419699e7>:0
  at MagicLeap.Soundfield.MLEditorImporterStartup..cctor () [0x00000] in <3a061d95bd9a42d1bf4ec0299ae73902>:0
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[])
Plugins: Failed to load 'C:/Users/[Name]/MagicLeap/tools/unity/msa/v3.2.0-220906_0.53.3/Plugins/x86_64/AudioPluginMSASpatializer.dll' because one or more of its dependencies could not be loaded.

Weirdly enough, the developer who added the package to our project has everything working fine. But everyone else gets the following errors, and can't select MSA as spatializer plugin even tho we all are in the exact same project state using git (included MSA as a submodule).

What we've tried;

• Adding the package manually from the hub
  • Checked that all files are actually in the project and correctly imported under packages (no git LFS issues - they are not just pointers)
1 Like

@TheMunk , I'll ask internally if we can figure out what's happening. I may request more information.

3 Likes

Hi @TheMunk can you show me what your Project Setting/Audio window looks like?

1 Like

This is the working one;

and this is one of the broken ones;

1 Like

@TheMunk Our audio team is suggesting that you need the VS C++ runtime installed (which likely wasn't installed by default for any number of reasons). You can do this by opening the Visual Studio Installer and selecting all the C++ runtime related things from the modules page.

3 Likes

We can confirm this is the solution! Thanks for quick response!

2 Likes

Is there a way around Visual Studio?

1 Like

In Windows you need to at least have the C/C++ runtime installed, no need for full blown visual studio. On Mac there is nothing needed, no dependencies.

3 Likes

To download without Visual Studio:

1 Like

It works after having installed all the C++ modules from Visual Studio Installer.
While I had the issue I had the following installed on the PC (and no VS):

2 Likes

mmm, it uses 2019 runtime, so it should be on that 2015-2022 package, maybe it was unselected in the installer?

1 Like

What installer do you mean?
I have this in ML2 Hub:

1 Like

We are talking about VS runtime installer provided by Microsoft not ML Hub, see post from sengelman

1 Like

Yes, okay. I wanted to make it work without VS (as previously mentioned possible --> here), as I am not using it otherwise. The modules are available only when installing one of the IDEs.

1 Like

You don't need Visual Studio, just the runtime for C/C++ as mentioned above in Windows

1 Like

Hello I just wanted to chime in here. I was NOT able to get this working using the links in the MagicLeap documentation site, using the redistributable installs. I installed the following 3 things from that link:

None of those worked after installing, rebooting, and deleting Library folder in unity project.

After spending several hours trying to figure this out, and banging my head on the wall, I happened to come across this forum post, which I wasn't searching for properly because I was searching for Soundfield, not MSA, and then someone above mentioned Visual studio installer

I had to open the visual studio 2022 installer, hit Modify. I checked these two boxes:

And re-added the Soundfield package to Unity. Now it works.

I suggest updating the documentation to save people time in the future. This was a painful process :smiley:

Thanks so much to the above posters for the information.

1 Like

Hi @abebko,

Welcome to the Magic Leap 2 Developer Forums. We are so grateful to have you here engaging with us.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be sure to update the documentation so that others do not run into this issue. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Best,

El