Access to multiple cameras

Hello,

I would like to sense near-infrared light using magic leap 2. The official document claims that there is only one physical camera with two kinds of streams possible, a normal world camera stream and a CV camera stream. This most likely means both streams will block out near-infrared light. However, there are other cameras present on the Magic Leap 2 and I wonder if I can take advantage of using those. This post is somewhat helpful but has a complete different application from mine: Camera Access while Streaming

Also, I was trying to run an example from Develop Doc to test camera stream:

However, I did not find it available under the Unity SDK Examples(v2.0.0) I downloaded from Magic Leap Hub. Only a handful of examples were available and they are all different from the ones introduced in Developer Docs. I wonder if I were looking into wrong places. Thanks.

Unity Editor version: 2022.3.14f1:
ML2 OS version: 1.5.0:
MLSDK version: 1.5.0:
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS)

Please download the 1.12.0 version of the Unity example project from the Magic Leap Hub. The latest version of the example projects is configured for OpenXR and only showcases the OpenXR APIs. We will add the additional examples as they become available via the OpenXR APIs.

Thanks, I will give those a try. Do you have information on accessing other cameras? Could any of them detect near-infrared light?

Do you mind providing more information about the near-infrared light. Our world cameras can detect some infrared light, however majority of this light is filtered to improve the headset's tracking. The World Camera example scene in the 1.12.0 Unity Examples project allows you to preview the world camera images.

We are running 785 nm laser to excite a fluorescent, and no near-infrared light from the fluorescent were detected. Is there a coating on the world camera that filter out the near-infrared light? Is there another camera that we can access that may help with this issue? Thanks

The Magic Leap 2 has an RGB camera on the front of the device and 3 World Cameras that are black and white and have IR filters so the controller can be tracked. The controller uses lights that are synced with the world cameras. The ideal IR range is 750nm . Wavelengths above 770nm begin to be filtered out.

I recommend testing the lights using the World Camera sample in the MLSDK C++ and Unity 1.12.0 example applications.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.