No environment light aproximation anymore?

We are currently looking into 3D-Rendering capabilities and how to optimize the visuals of our content on the ML2 as much as possible. We noticed, that the ML2 seemingly lacks some functionality that the original ML1 still had: environment light aproximation/light probes.

The original SDK documentation refers to this here:
https://ml1-developer.magicleap.com/en-us/learn/guides/sdk-unity-light-tracking

Also, Unity clearly states in this overview, that ML is lacking basically all functions in regards to environment probes and light estimation:

Why is this the case? Was it a deliberate decision?

I get, that with the way the ML2 overlays the virtual content onto the real world, that it will always sort of stand out and not blend in with the real world in a way a passthrough headset could do it - but environment reflections (for example) would still be nice to have and it would also be nice to be able to reduce the brightness of content in darker environments for example.

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing:

Unity Editor version: 2022.3 LTS
ML2 OS version: 1.6.0 (secure)
Unity SDK version: 2.1.0
Host OS: Windows

@Tom_LEFX a more robust version of this feature will be available in the future release of the Magic Leap SDK. In the past the Magic Leap 1 was only able to obtain general lighting information. However the upcoming Magic Leap Light Estimation Feature will allow developers to capture the Light Direction , Color and output an HDR cubemap that can also be used for reflections.

Keep an eye out for this feature in the release notes in the 2.2.0 Unity SDK Package scheduled to be release later in May 2024

Thanks for letting me know. I'm excited for that to find its way into a release.