VisionLib issues

Hi,

I'm trying to use Object Tracking with VisionLib which has Magic Leap 2 support and an example. However the example does not work for me, and nothing I've tried has made it track the default car. I'm honestly not sure it's getting the right camera feed.

Here's one of the warnings/errors I'm getting after VisionLib says it's streaming 640x480:
"2023-05-09 15:24:56.219;10187;19322;19322;Warn;UnityMain;type=1400 audit(0.0:15278): avc: denied { search } for name="traces" dev="nvme0n1p37" ino=606211 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c187,c256,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:trace_data_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0;
"

Unsure if that is related, but I always get it.

Unity: 2022.2.17f1
ML2: Latest everything
VisionLib: Latest

@rob42lou Can you link the example you're referring to?

Sure, it's in their SDK here: https://visionlib.com/develop/downloads/
You need to import the magic leap 2 example from the extension folders. Thanks for looking into it!

Here's the full log. I do see some camera unhappiness in there but am unsure if it's relevant.

Log.txt (1.2 MB)

This is difficult to look into as it seems to require an authenticated account, a download, some setup, etc.

I'd like to make sure you're setting permissions:

Double checked the xml and the permissions are all there. I'm using Unitys "Custom Manifest" and have checked all the checkboxes available in the Magic Leap permissions section. The green circle that indicates the camera is on does show up.

Hey @rob42lou :slight_smile:

Thanks for the pleasent call, yesterday!

As you pointed out, you got it working - but had to restart your application to adopt the granted permissions.

I will take a look into it and keep you updated.

Thanks so much for your help! Removing the voice command permission makes it behave fine after 1 restart.

If it is what I think it is then maybe a while loop until these permissions are granted would help, and then initialize the camera and other permission related things. I noticed that's what the Magic Leap 2 camera example does.

I have confirmed that ML SDK 1.2.0 works. ML Unity Package 1.3 works, 1.4 works, as well as 1.5. However 1.6.0 does not work.

We had an issue getting the Camera frame pose in the CV example in 1.6 so VL wont work without pose data, We reported it as well.

I think I tracked down part of the issue. In the ML code for GetFramePose() there's a IsStarted variable that doesn't end up being true ever. Then in my log I get a permission denied for Camera_Capture_CVIP.

This IsStarted variable can be found being used in MLCVCamera.cs, and is a new addition between 1.5 and 1.6.

Removing the IsStarted variable from GetFramePose() in MLCVCamera.cs fixes this.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.