Read Raw Sensor Measurement Data Information

Hi everyone, I am writing as I have difficulty reading the raw sensor data from Magic Leap 2.

Looking at the documentation I have seen that Magic Leap has migrated from a Linux-derived in-house OS to an Android ASOP-based platform. This has had a few consequences on the software, like the sensor NDK has been removed from the Magic Leap API. For example, in ML 1 to track the IMU sensor data it was used features like ml_imu_tracking, however, using the new Android ASOP platform now is different.

How can I access at the readings from the IMUs located at the controller and the headset? I am new to coding on Android.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b9.3080
ML2 OS version: 1.1.0
MLSDK version: 1.1.0
Host OS: Windows

Hi @esangeni,

There is a known bug in the latest OS which does not allow for capture of compute pack accelerometer data which should be patched in a release that will be coming out at the end of this month. Headset accelerometer data can be accessed in the latest OS by using the ASensorManager_getSensorList to see the sensors and their names and use those sensors in calls made by ASensorManager_ using the Android NDK. We currently do not expose IMU data for the controller.