Post processing (bloom) in Unity

Hi,

Is there any way to get Camera post processing effects (bloom, specifically), to work in Unity with URP for ML2? Enabling it does nothing, and I do not believe it is technically supported, but, we could really use it :wink:

Thanks!

1 Like

Post processing can work on device with URP. Try these steps and see if it works for you.

1. Make sure post-processing is enabled on your camera
  2. Make sure post-processing is enabled on your URP asset
  3. Create a global volume with a new volume profile and add a bloom override
  4. Check that you have reasonable threshold and intensity values and that those boxes are enabled
  5. Create a new layer called "post-processing" or something like that and put your volume on it.
  6. In your camera component under Environment > Volumes > Volume Mask make sure that your "post-processing" layer is enabled.

Hopefully this helps! Caution, if you are using the Segmented Dimmer feature post-processing effects can cause conflicts. Post process features can overwrite the frame's final alpha values and cause segmented dimmer weirdness.

1 Like

Thanks, Kit! I thought we are doing all of that but maybe we missed something. I know this was previously a known limitation. Do you happen to know if this requires a minimum SDK or OS version? Thank you.

1 Like

Hey Chris, I've just double-checked my project settings and verified that it is working on device. I started with the Unity Magic Leap Examples from the Magic Leap Hub V 1.6.0.

This project uses:

• Unity 2022.2.0f1
  • Magic Leap OS v1.2.0
  • "com.unity.render-pipelines.universal": "14.0.4"
  • "com.magicleap.unitysdk": "1.6.0"

Hope this helps! (Not totally sure what the minimum SDK version is to fix this, I believe this was previously an issue with the XR implementation.)

I used MK Glow from the asset store. It can skip the whole post-processing and just add glow - might be a better performance...