MLResult_Unknown on MLVoice.SetupVoiceIntents

Some of our headsets consistently fail to initialise voice input. We have it set up through MRTK Input Data Providers.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.8
ML2 OS version: 1.3.0-dev2
MLSDK version: 1.8.0
Host OS: Windows

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):
First we see the warnings:

Unable to register IMixedRealityInputDeviceManager data provider (Magic Leap Device Manager) because the value of concreteType is null
Unable to register IMixedRealityInputDeviceManager data provider (Magic Leap Eye Gaze) because the value of concreteType is null
Unable to register IMixedRealityInputDeviceManager data provider (Magic Leap Speech Input) because the value of concreteType is null
Unable to register IMixedRealityInputDeviceManager data provider (Magic Leap HandTracking Input) because the value of concreteType is null

Then, once permission is granted to the voice input, this error:

MLVoiceIntentConfigurationSettings in the Magic Leap API failed. Reason: MLResult_Unknown

The four warnings are all about classes from the MagicLeap.MRTK.DeviceManagement.Input namespace, any chance this is the cause of the issue?

I have tried a solution where I remove MRTK to initialise the voice inputs directly and I get the same error.

Hi @elliot

Are you using MRTK 2.8 or MRTK 3? Have you enabled Voice input on the device inside the Settings/Input section? Are you using a preconfigured MRTK Profile?

Hey @kbabilinski

Sorry for not getting back to you. This error has been a big time sink and other things have take priority. Originally it only affected a few devices, but since we upgraded the ML2 OS to 1.4.0 the voice commands have stopped working. I've posted the details here if you wouldn't mind following up on that thread: https://forum.magicleap.cloud/t/mlvoiceintentconfigure-error/2966/4