Magic Leap App Simulator for Unity version confusion

Hi -- I'm trying to use the Magic Leap App Simulator for Unity (3.8.0-20231208) but have run into some confusion about versions.
The error I'm getting is

"[ZIF] The ZIF version in the 'com.magicleap.appsim' package (0.0.35) differs from the one in the App Sim runtime (0.0.34)."
"[ZIF] ZIF version: Version 0.0.35.20231208 (bundled) Version 0.0.34.20230706 (runtime)"
Previous to this I see:
"[ZIF] App Sim runtime path discovered: /Users/patryk/MagicLeap/tools/zi/v3.6.0.20230706"

But that's not the latest /zi/ I have. The latest /zi/ I have is "v3.8.0.20231208" which matches the version of the Magic Leap App Simulator for Unity package I have installed.

How can I make sure that the correct /zi/ is being searched for (if that's the problem) or how can I otherwise use the "app sim"?

Thank you

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version: 2022.3.12f1
ML2 OS version: 1.4.1 (but I'm not using ML2, just in Unity)
MLSDK version: 1.12.1
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) MacOS

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Version confusion, continued. I just updated the MLSDK to Version 1.5.0 and now App Simulator starts in Unity, but a new error reads:

"[ZIF] The ZIF version in the 'com.magicleap.appsim' package (0.0.35) differs from the one in the App Sim runtime (0.0.34).
This will lead to problems."

Even though the simulator is running, pressing Play on the app results in a pop up claiming it's not:

"No Magic Leap App Simulator session is running. Exit Play mode and start App Simulator before entering Play mode again."

(please see attached screenshot)

What is the "App Sim runtime" and how can I ensure it's running the newer version?

Thank you

Good news -- I was able to force the /zi/ version by doing to Unity Preferences > External Tools > Magic Leap and setting the path to the newest one there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.