Errors on importing mrtk-ml2-1.12.1-v1 unity package

Unity Editor version: 2022.3.18f1
ML2 OS version: 1.5.0
MLSDK version: 1.5.0
Unity SDK version: 1.12.1
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) Windows 11
When I import mrtk-ml2-1.12.1-v1 package into my project, I get several errors due to missing assembly references. Is this expected? I was able to resolve these. However, I did get a compile error due to an apparent bug in code in files: MagicLeapHandTrackingInputProvider.cs and MagicLeapDeviceManager.cs
Both of them have the same error. They make use of WaitUntil() function which doesn't work in a non MonoBehaviour class. Had to create a function of our own to make it work, in this form:
private async Task WaitUntil(Func check)
{
while (true)
{
if (check())
{
return;
}
await Task.Delay(100);
}
}
Please let us know the right way to resolve the compile errors and if this solution is ok.

Hi @aps,

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. I have reported this bug to our team and I will report back as soon as I learn more. Thank you for providing a workaround as well.

Best,

El

Do you mind providing the version of your core MRTK package. Are you using the latest version of MRTK 2.8? The com.unity.xr.magicleap package as well?

I am using Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0
For MRTK, I see many packages, attaching a screenshot with relevant MRTK versions

I must mention one more thing I forgot to mention earlier in the post, I had to delete all the editor scripts because it was unable to find MixedReality.Toolkit assembly and I couldn't find it in the project. A sample error is: "Assets\MRTK-Magic Leap 2\Providers\MagicLeap\Scripts\Editor\MagicLeapSpeechInputProfileInspector.cs(14,38): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Editor' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.MixedReality.Toolkit' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

I recommend updating the MRTK packages to 2.8.3 to insure compatibility. Once the packages are updated, re-import the Magic Leap MRTK package and see if the issue persists.

If you see an error regarding an assembly that is not found, you should make sure that there are no Assembly Definition files that are effecting the Magic Leap MRTK scripts folder.