Camera stream access

We're developing a new kind of infrastructure SW for AR glasses (not an app). To do that we need the following:

1. the ability to access the camera stream
  2. the ratio between the camera and the screen (=a number)
  3. the ability to render pixels on the entire FOV

can you help with this pls? not having this information/access will make it impossible to continue developing on the Magic Leap.

ML2 OS version: 1.7.0
MLSDK version: 1.7.0
Host OS: Windows

Can you provide information on the steps you tried to take ? Are you running into any specific issues?

Sure, we run an Android APK that gets the camera stream. The problem is that the output of the tracking features is limited to a fixed screen in space, we would like to overlay the feature point we extrapolate from the camera on the entire screen FOV.

This is because the APK you are running is a 2D app. For an application to render as a full screen spatial app, you will need to build an OpenXR App that has Magic Leap 2 support:

Thank you so much for the quick replies, we'll try that. Will OpenXR let us run our own tracker?
Also, I'll connect the eng. who is working on this directly to this thread so he can provide more info.

Feel free to add them to this post so we can get more information.

What do you mean when you say “own tracker”?

Apologies for the delay.
I think my colleague can provide a much better answer, so I'll wait for him to tune in to the conversation. And again - thank you so so much for your quick help, it's much appreciated!

Hi! My name is Guy and I work with Liza.
I will try to clarify the question:
We would like to use your device HW without the supplied XR packages.
Is it possible to write an Android application that will use and communicates directly with the Android OS and with the device sensors (via Android API ofcourse)

You can access some of the sensors using the Standard Android APIs such as the Camera2 NDK API to access the RGB camera and the Android Sensor Manager to access sensors such as the IMU. However, you will not be able to access the depth or world cameras nor change the way that the 2D Android app displays without creating an OpenXR application.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.