Photon voice errors

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b8
ML2 OS version:B3E.220818.12-R.046-R.417
MLSDK version: 1.0.0
Host OS: Windows 10

Hi, I'm trying to set up a scene to test the photon integration with magic leap 2. I imported the Photon Voice 2 plugin in unity and opened their sample scene. After the photon set-up, I changed the main camera to the magic leap one. This setup works among two editors and allows for voice communication. I built the scene and installed it on magic leap, but here the communication doesn't work. Through logcat, I can see some errors, shown in the following screenshots.

Photon should be compatible with Magic Leap anyone tried it?

For convenience, I also upload a textual version of logcat in the following file
photonerror.txt (12.4 KB)

Hi @MatteoFifth,

Thank you for posting your issue. I'm looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @MatteoFifth,

Our SDK team is aware of this bug and it will be patched in a future release.

1 Like

Hi! Was this bug patched yet? I've also been unable to use Photon Voice

Hi @workgithub11,

It is set to be patched in a release coming out around March. We will follow up when it is released.

Hi @kvlasova, any update on this?

For anyone interested in this, if you're part of the Photon industry circles you can contact Photon and get a Photon Voice package which includes the .so file for the 64-bit opuscodec.

I confirmed this works by receiving audio from other devices. However, sending audio is broken due to Unity Microphone issues, which I believe is what @kvlasova was referring to being fixed in an up coming SDK release

Hi @edd,

Have you tried using it with the latest SDK release?

I've not tried the latest version that they provide via the Asset Store, but you can clearly see that the x86_64 version is not included in the package

I am, however, part of the photon industry circles and they were able to give me access to the x86_64 of the libopus_eqpv and libwebrtc-audio via their discord server. That appears to be the only way at this time.

Also for anyone else who is reading this you need to enable ML Audio in your Magic Leap XR settings for it to work.

Just to clarify, I meant the latest Magic Leap Unity SDK release (1.6.0) provided in Magic Leap Hub to resolve the microphone issue - is everything working as expected now?

Ah sorry. You were referring to the microphone audio issues. It turns out that it was just the ML Audio tick box that needed enabling to fix that aspect of it.

Yes, everything is working as expected now.